Pages

Thursday, 9 May 2013

A Day in London seen through Pen and Watercolour Sketches

Last Saturday was a day for culture and sightseeing in London.  First stop, The Courtauld Gallery and the “Becoming Picasso Paris 1901” Exhibition.   It was great to see some of Picasso’s earlier work which showed a tiny fraction of his development in finding who he was as an artist.


After grabbing a quick lunch, a walk towards the River Thames and Waterloo Bridge gave a great view of The Shard building.  On towards South Bank to take in the sights and smells of the food market on a Saturday afternoon. 




The Shard from Waterloo Bridge
Pen and Watercolour Sketch
 © Laura Moore Watercolour Art


Back over the River via Charing Cross Bridge and a stroll towards the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square. 




National Gallery, Trafalgar Square
Pen and Watercolour Sketch
 © Laura Moore Watercolour Art

My eye was drawn to the performers in the Square. One in particular as I loved the look of his outfit and thought it would be fun to sketch.





Trafalgar Square Performer
Pen and Watercolour Sketch
 © Laura Moore Watercolour Art


A short walk along The Mall to the Mall Galleries for a quick look at the Illustrators Exhibition.
The final and most important stop before going home. Afternoon Tea at Caffe Concerto, Regent Street. A piece of delicious Selva Cake is a must if I am ever in the area.  




Afternoon Tea
Pen and Watercolour Sketch
 © Laura Moore Watercolour Art


*     *     *     *     * 

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got up to last weekend. 
Thanks for looking. 




 



14 comments:

  1. loving your wonderful sketches Laura. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Laura - I so enjoyed my visit to your beautiful city. Your familiarity for this urban landscape is captured so well in these lovely sketches. Thanks for showing me London through your art - have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me alegro que haya disfrutado su paseo, las acuarelas del paisaje urbano son muy hermosas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Laura. I love these sketches and applaud you. You sketchbook will now be a wonderful resource of memories like photo albums once were but better. Inspired! Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. just beautiful sketches of your trip, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic watercolor views of London! As beautiful as the buildings are, I really love what you had for tea! Thanks for your lovely comments on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these. I'm so glad we get to see the great city through your interpretations. I want to have the afternoon tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me encantan los bocetos y me encanta Londres! un trabajo genial.. abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing, reminded me of being in London. Love the atmosphere of that city and your paintings captured them beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful sketches of fabulous sites. I'm a big fan of Pen & Watercolour and intend to do more with this media myself. Doubt I'll do as well as these though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, thanks for sharing your London tour with us through your words and wonderful sketches. I am envious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cake looks amazing (inspired to find the cake shop when I am next in London). Great sketches, Laura. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sketches, Laura! Whenever I am in London I'll have to find that cake shop!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.