Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Watercolour Sketchbook Play Time

Having spent a few months preparing for this season’s string of exhibitions, it is now time to just chill out in my watercolour sketchbooks and get back to improving my skills of painting and observation. 




Chilli Pepper Study
Watercolour Sketchbook Artwork
Working on tone, colour and form.




Lavender and Iris Studies
Watercolour Sketchbook Artwork 
Working on looseness and tone. 




Pansy Leaf Study
Watercolour Sketchbook Artwork 
Working on plant structure in pen & wash.


Sawbridgeworth 10th Annual Exhibition

4 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your red chili pepper! We grow them in our Mesilla Valley, right in here where I live in New Mexico.
    You have a beautiful touch with your watercolors. I like them all, and your flowers in your last post. too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice studies Laura and congrats on your exhibition your art on the wall looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and fresh watercolor studies! You and your work look wonderful, Laura! You did a great job framing everything and setting it up. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chili pepper has a lot of zip to it...Love the iris and lavender studies too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.