Pages

Thursday, 4 December 2014

A November Day in Cambridge

Last week Hubby and I spent a fabulous day admiring and enjoying the wonderful sights and sounds offered by a late chilly November day in Cambridge.  A city obviously getting ready for the Christmas festivities to come.  

This is a tiny glimpse of how I experienced Cambridge through a camera lens and then eventually with the aid of a brush back in my studio.  


Sketch of a Cambridge Clock Tower


A quick watercolour wash of autumn leaves.






I could not resist taking a photo of these gorgeous teddies sitting so well behaved in a shop window.  All of them are waiting patiently for someone to give them a hug.    









5 comments:

  1. Dear Laura - this looks like a wonderful city to visit. Your sketches are wonderful and I can't wait to see your painting finished as well. Hope you are enjoying the beginning of this wonderful season. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sketches Laura and nice photos, particularly the teddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, what a great way to enjoy the season! Keep painting and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful outing Laura, very inspiring including those adorable teddies! The larger painting shows beautiful promise, thanks for letting us take a peak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos and paintings from your trip. I think some of the teddies are waiting to have their portraits done.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.