Pages

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Sacre Coeur at Night and in Watercolour

A ‘night scene’ was the theme at Art Group today.  I chose to tackle a scene I had photographed in 2011 from my trip to Paris.  I do not take many night time photos so my reference stock is quite low on this theme.

Like normal, I decided to tackle this in my loose impressionistic fashion.  I even kept the drawing loose.  The sky was particularly fun with loads of water and pigment dropped onto hot pressed paper to create some fabulous back runs and splodges. 

Sacre Coeur at Night
Watercolour









7 comments:

  1. Beautiful night scene of Sacro Cuore with lovely darks! I checked out your website, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the night sky and the architecture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ways the domes seem to fade into a dream like night sky. Very compelling and beautiful. Great work on your website, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Laura: Muy hermosa como has captado la belleza de esta iglesia. Felicitaciones está preciosa!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.