Pages

Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Celebration of Spring – Tulips in Mixed Media

Tulips in mixed media sprang to mind a couple of weeks ago.  It all started with a supermarket shopping trip and a bunch of tulips.  Though when I got home I plonked them in a vase and forgot to poke through the base of the heads with a needle.  This stops them from flopping.  Me forgetting to do this meant that my tulips ended up being very floppy indeed.  No matter, as sometimes I use my imagination when creating rather than painting exactly what I see in front of me.  I suppose this is me trying to inject a bit of myself into the painting and also trying to give it a more contemporary feel. 

Celebration of Spring  SOLD
Mixed Media













9 comments:

  1. Really pretty painting , I love how you 'pushed' the colors , they sing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you use your creativity to your advantage, that is true art Laura! This is a gorgeous work, your color choices are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful and fresh ! Love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about poking tulips with a needle, although it sounds a bit painful. I like the colours you added to the tulips, you made them come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I´ve never heard of poking them with needles!? I´ll try that next time! But I´ve heard about putting them in the fridge over night. (I don´t have room for that in my fridge thought) The painting turned up very pretty though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting. I love the colors - bright and look fresh. Thanks for sharing your mixed media experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Laura - It is wonderful to see your beautiful tulips. I like your mixed media - it still reflects your soft touch which I so love. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Laura:) Let me celebrate spring with you! Love your tulips. A great example of less is more. Beautiful done!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.