Saturday, 18 April 2015

Sketching at the Old Mill Area

Yesterday was a chilly, blowy day but that did not stop me going down to the river and the old mill area to do some plein air observational sketching.   

With each trip I am learning what I prefer to use with this type of sketching expedition.  I am finding I am not keen on using my Aqua Flo brushes with my watercolours.  They are great when used with my watercolour pencils but I am finding I do not have the same mark making and tonal control that I am used to with my normal watercolour brushes.  I am also finding I am getting rather addicted to my black Fineliner Staedtler pens.  They glide across the paper so easily and it is quite fun making all those fast squiggly marks.  






 


3 comments:

  1. Exquisite work Laura! I love the reflections on the water and your pen work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this of the bridge and the river. I see you like using pen outdoors too. Your London sketchcrawl will be on the day of the Worldwide Sketchcrawl if it has been moved to Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Laura: Muy hermoso trabajo, me encanta que siempre estas buscando algo nuevo para incorporar a la pintura. Felicitaciones!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.