Pages

Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Rhinos in the Beautiful Light

Someone recently asked me: Is it very different seeing animals in the wild from seeing them in a zoo or in a safari park?  Perhaps Amy MacDonald answers that question more poetically than I ever can with her words from her song: Life in a Beautiful Light.


“Cause the stars in my eyes; well they twinkle when I see your face. 
And the butterflies keep flying, flying all over the place. 
And the dark and grey, well it fits with the black and white.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light.
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light.”




I was lucky to be in the right place, at the right time, to see this family of black rhino early one misty morning in the wilds of South Africa.  It is a rare sight and one that will remain a highlight in my life forever. 


*     *     *     *     *

When I asked the Reserve Rangers how I could help the rhino in my small way they told me about Angie Goody.  She is an inspiring lady who started an Association to help the South African Rhino. Her story is told on her website. 



If anyone wants to help the rhino, the Association based on the Isle of Man has an Internet Shop where the price of just a packet of biscuits or the price of less than one tube of watercolour paint will go towards helping the South African rhino.  They have a selection of products and the cheapest are Pens for just £1.50. At some point everybody needs a pen in their life, especially a special pen that could potentially save a rhino’s life. 

Thanks for looking. 





   



7 comments:

  1. Your rhino photos are thrilling, how gorgeous they are! Thanks for sharing the link, a wonderful way to help these beautiful animals. I love your Elephant WIP below too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an impressive sight they must have been, the photos looks great! Saving these animals is certainly a worthwhile cause

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing animals as is your photo! What a memorable experience Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your experiences will remain with you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post Laura .... what great photo's of great animals ... an experience never to be forgotten. To make it even better (for me) is that Amy MacDonald is one of my all time favourites ... love this song. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photographies!! I love these marvelous animals so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.