Pages

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Fluidity, Freedom and Flow with Trees in Watercolour

After all these years of working with watercolour I still get excited by its fluidity, freedom and flow especially when everything comes together ‘alla prima’. 


“Verdant”
Watercolour 2016  
SOLD


Trees are perhaps the subjects that I love to paint the most.  Their abstract shapes allow me to freely build up puddles of water and colour that eventually develop into something that has the illusionary characteristics of a tree. 


“Changing Cycles”
Watercolour 2011
Not available









9 comments:

  1. Love the trees, and the three F's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees are beautiful Laura, gorgeous color mixes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your trees, especially that first one...great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you use violett together with the greens looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dos hermosos trabajos, llenos de delicadeza y frescura. Bravo Laura!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've fallen in love with Verdant... & feel inspired, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Laura - your trees are super stunning. Love your fluidity, freedom and flow. They certainly worked in both of these works wonderfully. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.