Friday, 15 January 2016

Geranium Trio in Watercolour – A New Painting


“I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.”  
~  Claude Monet 1840-1926


“It is looking at things for a long time that ripens you and gives you a deeper meaning.”  
~  Vincent Van Gogh 1853-1890


Geranium Trio  SOLD
© Laura Moore

Geranium Trio was created using no direct reference.  Impressionism is just that: an impression of reality. Monet and Van Gogh both studied their subjects over and over again so that they could create believable, imaginative, unique and impressionistic pieces. 


10 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this Laura, so beautiful and colors are perfect and true to reality, a favorite for sure !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful painting, love how you have applied the colours and washes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY love this Laura! Everything about it sings! One of my new favourites of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Laura - such a wonderful painting - so cheerful. I like your thought too about impressionism. Never had considered the meaning before. Thanks as always for sharing your lovely art friend. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful painting, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simple composition beautifully executed. Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.