Pages

Thursday, 10 March 2016

The Watercolour Brushes I Occasionally Use

During a quiz evening I attended the other day a question came up about filbert nuts.  That made me remember my Filbert watercolour brush.  I then figured out that the brush is named after the shape of the nut.  It might take a while but the light bulb does actually switch on in my head sometimes.  I have no idea how but my team won the quiz and we each won a bag of chocolates which were munched  with gusto.  



Today I thought I would share some of the brushes I use very occasionally.   Filbert brush at the top, flat square brush in the middle and my hake brush which I have had for years.  I use these brushes when I want to add a vast amount of water onto the paper.  My style has developed into a more delicate and controlled process from the early days that I do not use these high water retaining brushes that often now.  

3 comments:

  1. Dear Laura I certainly did not put that together either. So glad though it came to you and you won the chocolates. Your brushes look wonderful UN this depiction too. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning! Love your painted brushes too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.