Monday, 11 July 2016

Inspiration for Flower Petal Studies in Watercolour

Inspiration is a strange and wonderful thing and I never know when it is going to hit me next.  An idea for a new subject to study popped into my head whilst attending a friend’s son’s wedding a few weeks ago.  Then life got busy and the idea was put on the back burner.      


This weekend the petal idea sprang to mind once again when I attended another close friend’s wedding that was held in the grounds of a public rose garden.  The roses were blossoming in spectacular abundance and in all sorts of colours.   Both weddings had pretty flower petals as confetti and that is where the idea for studying petals came from. 


Petals seem to be the theme for the summer of 2016 for me.  During my recent trip to Madeira petals were dropping at my feet and covering the streets.  So now, I find I really cannot ignore what life is trying to say to me and petals have become the current subject of study.     

  

Late last night I started with a very quick, loose “mood study” of rose petals.  This was a different approach to my last floral painting that was all about strength and vibrancy within flowers. With this new concept, I look forward to exploring fragility, delicacy and lightness with flower petals.      








4 comments:

  1. A lovely subject in which to find inspiration, sounds like they were asking to be painted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super subject. Certainly one I will enjoy exploring with you. Have a great week friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspired idea! I'll be watching to see more of your studies.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to contact me with any enquiries regarding my artwork. Thank you for taking an interest in my art.